Friday, August 3, 2012

Our house...the before and after....the kitchen


Besides the entry, the kitchen is the first room that you come to when you enter our home.  The first job was getting all the wallpaper off the walls--- some places had about 4 layers of it on.  My parents came over and scraped away on it.  




 We decided to paint the tiles on the ceiling, since they were stained. After Andrew gave them 2 or 3 coats they turned out nice and brightened up the room!

 We put floor laminate tiles down-- the same ones we did in the entry and bathroom.  

 One day we had help come over and paint-- my sister, mom and friend Ilene.  Three rooms getting painted goes fast with help.  I decided on a bright yellow for the kitchen to brighten it up.
 Andrew hanging the Lord's Prayer wall hanging up
And....a glimpse of the finished kitchen!

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful home for my new grandbaby to share with his wonderful parents!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is awesome to see my grandparent's home being well taken care of! I love the colors! Now, that you are back to wood floors - I can remember them from Grandpa & Grandma Beskow days'. I would rock in their rocking chair - it scared me, I thought I was going to tip over! Grandpa B. died in 1967 so I was pretty young.
    Anyway, I am happy you are there. Grandma Dummann would be, too; with your little family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rebecca and Andrew!
    It was fun looking at your pictures of your new home and new baby Ruthanna! Congratulations to you both! I can't wait to see her!
    Love, Aunt Melissa

    ReplyDelete