Monday, September 6, 2010

Brown County Fair 2010

A couple of weeks ago, Andrew and I went to the Brown County Fair in Aberdeen, SD. When I was in college, I used to always go and walk around and look at exhibits. My brother George and I would always take in a concert or two. This year, Andrew and I went and met my brother George there. George has been going to all of the fairs with his Right to Life booth.

There was a "village" of old places to walk around and look through. A funeral parlor, old country school, general store, etc...were a few of the things to see.
Above: Andrew at the harness shop
At the country school....pretending to be the teacher! This school is similar to where I teach at now---out in the country and multiple grades.







Andrew in the sod house....Andrew likes the simple things like me, so this was a dream come true for him to see a sod house...kinda like the places they lived in the "old days!"



After looking around all day, we ended the day by going to the concert that night. The concert was Joe Diffie and Clay Walker. This picture is of my oldest brother George and Andrew.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy looking/reading your blog. You two are inspiring to me. Remind me of myself and my husband Dean when we were young. I look forward to your next blog addition. Great pictures.
    KL

    ReplyDelete