Monday, August 29, 2011

Learning about Angles

Today to finish up math, I thought I'd do something fun-- a little acting out of angles and other math terms. I did this with my fifth grader and 3 sixth graders. They thought it was a special treat to end the class with photography and acting out! I found this idea in a teaching magazine, so brought it to class to show the kids-- of course they said that they'd be happy to do it and they thought it looked like fun.
Perpendicular angle


Right angle


Obtuse angle
Obtuse angle-- different angle that I took the picture


Acute angle


Parallel Lines
Right when I called out"parallel lines" they kids all said "train tracks...make a train track!" Guess I've used that example a lot while teaching about parallel lines!...

Intersecting Lines


I think I'll print the pictures out and hang them up in the math room somewheres...the kids want to make some kind of a book with them. Maybe I'll put the picture on the page and they have to identify it and put a good definition down....

No comments:

Post a Comment