Saturday, December 4, 2010

Bringing home food for the family

As I came home from working at the Norswiss Dairy after dark, I was talking to my sweetheart on the cell when I saw a deer on the road. I slowed down and the deer moved off the road, but another deer then ran right in front of me and I could not miss it. I wasn't going very fast, so the deer was meerly dazed. I told Rebecca that I had to take care of the deer. So I put it down and threw it in the trunk. When I got home I called the game warden and told him the situation. He said that I could keep it, so a couple days later when Rebecca came home for the weekend, we butchered it with the help of Paul, Melanie, and Marty.
Rebecca is certainly not grossed out by butchering anything and knows that food doesn't just come from the grocery store. She is holding half of the deer in the pictures.




No comments:

Post a Comment