Sunday, August 1, 2010

Making hay with real horsepower

On July 28th and 29th at the Paul Dummann farm, there was a scene from the early 1900's. Five teams pulling mowers cut over fifty acres of second cutting hay which consisted of alfalfa and orchard grass.




The best part of the whole day, when Rebecca brought out snacks and gave me some encouragement.

















The horses were very happy to take a break for a picture. Paul is on the left, I(Andrew) am next, then Delvin Hansen, Leonard C, and then Lauren.
















Rebecca and I are trying to gather wisdom from the "old timers".

4 comments:

  1. I totally enjoy looking at your blog time after time. I am anxious to see new posts to your blog. Thanks for these delightful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was great!I love how you two can get to know about eachother more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that Jud from the musical "Oklahoma" standing there in the blue overalls and straw hat? Can he sing "The Surrey w/the fringe on the Top?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful blog. Such down home stories and pictures. I am waiting for more info on here!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete