Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Making Baby Food


Last fall, I received a Baby Bullet at Ruthanna's baby shower.  I didn't know much about it, but read the book that came with it and this winter, I've been using it.  It's quick to use to make things with and you can make enough food for a week.  There are trays that come with it to use to freeze the extra amount that is made.  I usually just make enough for 2 or 3 days though.
 Supplies are out and ready to go-- I was making an apple last night.  Apple is peeled.
They say to boil the fruits and veggies to get them a little soft..so the apple is being boiled on the stove for a few minutes.

 I put half the apple in at one time and turn the blender on.  Ruthanna loves to watch-- and smiles-- as if she knows that her food is being prepared!  :)

 Time to pour it into the containers that it comes with...these are kept in the refrigerator when filled.
 Enough apples for 4 or 5 meals
Trying out the finished product

 Happy baby=happy mama!

1 comment:

  1. Just looking at this nice blog again this morning and here I see I missed seeing this one. Rebecca, Ruthanna, is blessed with a great mom and better yet a very happy mom that cares for her with all her love! When my kids were little we had little hand turned food mills for baby that we used and took along when we went somewhere to eat. This bullet looks great!

    ReplyDelete