Monday, October 3, 2011

I Spy Number Line and Friday art

This last week, I found an "I Spy" game on the internet and it looked easy enough to make. I put number lines on cards and lettered them. Each number line had one letter. The number line would have one or two spaces that were blank and the student would have to use their paper and write their answers in the box beside the corresponding letter. I had 12 or 13 cards and then hung them up around our school. I had this activity for our 4th-8th graders. The kids enjoyed looking around for the cards and it was an easy thing to take for a grade. The younger students (1st and 2nd graders) were asking when they get to play "I Spy."




A 4th grade student filling in his paper based on what is missing.






He's got it! Looks like a smile on his face as he fills in his paper!







And on Friday we did a fall art project. Students traced their arm and hand on brown construction paper and cut it out. This made the "tree." They then glued it on blue paper. Then they took red, orange, yellow and green paper and tore small pieces of paper to make leaves. The project was easy enough that all the students could do it on their own pretty good!






It works good having students in pods for art especially because the older students can assist the younger ones in their pod. Here the students are tracing their arms and hands and cutting to make their trees.






Tearing the paper to make leaves








We hung the finished products in the hall. I always have a couple of older boys that want to hang up the art...I think it's so they can use the stapler!








A close up of one of the projects





No comments:

Post a Comment