Sunday, September 4, 2011

Freezing Corn

Yesterday and today I helped my parents and nephew freeze corn. We had a good sweet corn crop in our yard and this weekend was when it was perfect ripeness.
The morning started off cold, so a jacket was needed when my mom and I started to pick the corn.
And, the grass was wet, so flip-flops were not the right choice for the feet. But we got our pans full and headed over to the fence to start husking it.
My mom and I in the corn crop....
My parents and I husking the corn



My mom with the corn after she got them all washed off....this was just batch number 1 of 3 total batches that we did....over 100 bags total!
Ethan put the corn in the boiling water, my mom cooled them off, then my dad and I cut the corn from the cob, and then my mom put them in the bags...

My dad cutting the corn off the cob

Ethan husking
My nephew Ethan and I---he's soon to be a teenager later on this month!

1 comment:

  1. The corn looks delicious! It would have been fun to have helped you!

    ReplyDelete